The design-build methodology provides for project delivery in which one entity works under a single contract with the homeowner to provide design and construction services.
Design-Build streamlines project delivery through a single contract between the owner and the contractor. This simple but fundamental difference saves money and time by transforming the relationship between designers and builders into an alliance which fosters collaboration and teamwork. Some advantages include:
- Faster Delivery – collaborative project management means work is completed sooner and with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings – an integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality – design-builders meet performance needs, not minimum design requirements, often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- Singular Responsibility – one entity is held accountable for cost, schedule, and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden – owners can focus on the project rather than managing separate contracts.
- Reduced Risk – contractor assumes full responsibility for all aspects of the project.
Ability to manage all aspects of home building or remodeling project means that contractor can offer more with fewer administrative burdens, better quality, cost savings, and reduced risk. Design-build services are comprehensive, keeping you in mind throughout the entire process. These kinds of services can include:
- Pre-design Assessment
- Lifestyle Design
- Site Selection (owner’s or builder’s property)
- Architectural Design Management
- Certified Green Builder
- Value Engineering
- Bank / Lender Management
- Demolition Management
- Feasibility & Budget Assessment
- Construction Management
- Property Engineering Management
- Product Selection Guidance
- Budget Management
- Zoning, Permitting, Building, and Governmental Approvals
The design-build methodology provides for project delivery under a single contract inclusive of both design and construction services. The contract price is typically a fixed number based on specific allowances and options selected by the homeowner. This simple but fundamental difference saves money and time by transforming the relationship between designers and builders into an alliance which fosters collaboration and teamwork.
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or are a seasoned expert, deciding what type of home you will buy and where can be a big decision. In addition to size and location, you also need to think about whether or not you will purchase an existing home, or build a custom home from scratch.
When you choose to build a custom home, you get to choose everything about your home down to the smallest of details. They can help you design a home that meets your needs, ranging from the amount of space you need, the number of garages and rooms, building materials, colors, windows, built-in appliances, layout, personal style, yard size, energy efficiency, and everything else.